Welcome to Cardiff Castle Garrison!
We are a medieval living history re-enactment society. We focus on the reign of Edward III, specifically the years 1350-1370.
If you’re looking to join Cardiff Castle Garrison, we’d love to see you! To get in touch, drop us a line at email@example.com, and we will tell you the details of our weekly social meetings which take place every Friday in Cardiff so you can meet everyone, plus all the information you need to know about how to join us. You can also follow us on Twitter or Instagram.
As a group we maintain high living history standards. The aim of our society is to entertain, educate and inspire a desire to learn more about history, and, of course, for our audience and group members to enjoy themselves. Our shows can include the following:
- A living history camp demonstrating medieval life.
- Combat, archery, crafts and cooking displays and demonstrations.
- Talks on weapons, armour, crafts, cooking and archery. During these talks we showcase items used during the period, including weapons, armour, and crafting equipment. You will also have a chance to examine these items up close and try some of them on.
- The members of Cardiff Castle Garrison are available throughout the day during shows to talk to the public, demonstrate skills and answer any questions posed to them.
- An opportunity to have a go at archery or to sponge a fool who is locked in the stocks.
What makes Cardiff Castle Garrison interesting and different from other re-enactment societies is the proportion of members who can give professional insights into how things were, how things worked and why. Our group contains a high number of academics, historians and archaeologists.
Our camps, archery range and combat demonstrations take place in roped arenas, and members are on hand to supervise at all times.